Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 12-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
87TT
Intake

87TT is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust spitting

okay so I have an 87 Twin Turbo and right now it's sitting in my garage for the winter.
there have been a few times where I decided I wanted to give her a run for a little bit because she's just sittin there all lonely. lol
the thing is that my exaust pipe spits out what looks to me like dirty water. I almost died at first when I saw this because the black water looked like oil and I was certain I had some issues.
anyways, I just want to know if there is any reason for concern
I don't think so because I see exhaust pipes dripping water all of the time and the inside of the pipe is dirty but I would like to know for sure
I want to do a swap anyways but I hope this engine will hold up for me until then
Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

oh yeah, the other thing is that the gasket on my turbos is leaking and I have turbo-back exhaust
I don't know if that makes a difference but I thought it might be helpful
87TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a GA70 (1G-GTE) or a JZA70 (1JZ-GTE) swap?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
BlueTuner
Intake

BlueTuner is on a distinguished road

What do you mean by your exhaust splits. Like it splits into dual exhausts or theres a crack. Im just confused.
BlueTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
DarkSupra2.5
3" Exhaust

DarkSupra2.5 is on a distinguished road

If your turbo seals are goin bad you could be leakin oil into the exhaust. BUT, more than likely you're just running rich after having it sit for so long and the ecu is compensating for the cold. Warm it up then run it and see if it still does it. My 1j does the same thing when i let it sit for more than a week and the ecu resets itself, fuel trim goes haywire for a while.
1jz-gte swap (Currently spun #3 rod bearings), Apexi high flow filter, Greddy thrust 3" downpipe, N1 3" catback with cat delete tube, 1 peice driveshaft, Bar and Plate intercooler, and 440 JDM 2jz injectors.

Possible 2jz lower block swap in the works if I can't rebuild the 1j. So troublesome.
DarkSupra2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
97SupraTT
3" Exhaust

97SupraTT is on a distinguished road

I would smell it to make sure it is water. because if it is just dirty water then it is probably moisture that has collected in the exhaust from the air after sitting for a while and then when started it blows it out and naturally it is dirty from the exhaust. I would not be too concerned, the only thing that could happen it rust in the exhaust after a while.
97SupraTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
87TT
Intake

thanks for the help just wanted some reassurance
and it's a 1ggte
Old 12-25-2009, 02:38 AM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Condensation is quite likely. If its to the degree that it is dripping from the exhaust and it was coolant you'd be adding coolant very often; are you?

1G-GTE... heh, so unheard of over here... kind of neat.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 12-25-2009, 02:41 AM   #8
mirage83
12psi boost

mirage83 is on a distinguished road

You might want to check the coolant jacket which keeps your muffler bearings from overheating. One of the seals might be shot, and that would explain the liquid.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
mirage83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
87TT
Intake

yeah I wish this engine had more balls so I could just add on to it but I'm pretty sure I've got under 200 horses with it
it would be rare if I were to fix it up but it's for a reason
they don't really have much potential
I didn't even realize it had the 1ggte when I bought it
there are very few people that know the enigine
anyways I haven't really driven it much as it's my summer car and I'm just getting my license right away so I'm not sure about the coolant
can't wait to swap in the 1jz
instant gain of 100 ponies will feel real nice
Old 12-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #10
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Could be worse... at least you're about on par with a 7M-GE.... oh, wait... no I'm sorry, that is bad.

Just kidding, it could be worse... you could have a 1G-GE in there... a whopping 160HP at the crank so... 100HP at the wheels? Must feel like riding a pregnant Honda.

Tip Jar --->