Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKIII Supra

Old 04-06-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

cvbikeguy is on a distinguished road
Default just bought an r154....

ihey guys so i just bought an r154 from a pretty reputable guy on SF. looked at it for a sec then took it home. now as im cleaning it in my shed i start to notice that instead of having 2 connectors that i heard it supposed to have it only has 1. from what i can tell the other wires that should have a connector on it were cut. wires are there but no plastic connector. also there is a nub on the side of the tranny that has a few strands of copper wire on it (looks like it was cut hella short then sanded so it wouldnt be noticed). anyways i dont have pics yet but ill put them up asap. what im asking is that if any of you have pics of all the connections on the r154 (wires and anything else) if you could post them up.

thank you.
cvbikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK, the only reason it should have anything more than the reverse signal and ground strap would be if it were from an ABS equipped vehicle.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #3
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
AFAIK, the only reason it should have anything more than the reverse signal and ground strap would be if it were from an ABS equipped vehicle.
AFAIK? sorry if i should know what that means.

it does have the soft line. i dont really know what it should look like (condition wise). i figured it would be cheap to replace it right? ive heard of people using all soft lines instead of hard. opinions?

oh ok so its just the reverse i need? it was from a turbo (of course) so it might have had abs? should there be some electrical for the speedo?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:26 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Huh?

AFAIK = As Far As I Know.

The transmission would have one electrical connector for the reverse light switch and a ground regardless of whether it had ABS or not. There will be a second wire harness coming from a sensor at the rear for the ABS (IF the car came equipped with it, not all GTE's had ABS, and if the tranny was previously swapped they may have cut the wires off if they didn't need it).

As for the hard line vs soft line... are you talking about the hydraulic line for the clutch master and slave cylinders? You can't just clamp on oil hose there. You may get a hose made by a local hydraulic shop or you can buy a premade hose from any number of shops which support the MKIII such as horsepowerfreaks.com or driftmotion (dunno the URL).
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:33 AM   #5
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Huh?

AFAIK = As Far As I Know.

The transmission would have one electrical connector for the reverse light switch and a ground regardless of whether it had ABS or not. There will be a second wire harness coming from a sensor at the rear for the ABS (IF the car came equipped with it, not all GTE's had ABS, and if the tranny was previously swapped they may have cut the wires off if they didn't need it).

As for the hard line vs soft line... are you talking about the hydraulic line for the clutch master and slave cylinders? You can't just clamp on oil hose there. You may get a hose made by a local hydraulic shop or you can buy a premade hose from any number of shops which support the MKIII such as horsepowerfreaks.com or driftmotion (dunno the URL).
lol as far as i know.....

maybe im just nervous. ive never gotten so deep into cars. thanks for the info cre. hope your car is doing alright