Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKII Supra

Old 12-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
cgilmore
Stock

cgilmore is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Car thinks doors are open - interior lights came on while driving

Hello - I have a 1985 Toyota Celica Supra. It's recently been broken into, so now I have a new stereo and alarm system on it. My problem is that while driving home last night, the dome and door lights came on randomly. It's as if it thinks the doors are open when they're not. I couldn't find any fuse specific to the doors being open or closed; I'm at a loss here. The only way I seem to be able to temporarily fix it is by disconnecting the battery so that it doesn't go dead. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome. I've already tried a few things like ensuring something wasn't blocking the door close switches etc.

Thanks!
cgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:01 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Moved to the MKII Supra section.

Have you pulled and tested the door switches? If the alarm were the problem the issue should have been evident right away. Nonetheless you may want to make sure the door switch wiring that runs to the alarm is properly isolated with 1N4XXX diodes.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:24 AM   #3
CanadianBak'inSupra
Official hall monitor / search nazi - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

CanadianBak'inSupra is on a distinguished road

sensors on the door or hatch. or it could be a problem with the security system
Old 01-21-2014, 07:15 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

And then there are those random moments where we're just inebriated enough to not realize we're actually driving with the doors open.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-21-2014, 11:49 PM   #5
CanadianBak'inSupra

Lol, why do I know exactly what you mean
Old 01-22-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBak'inSupra View Post
Lol, why do I know exactly what you mean
Because you're a madman... I've heard the tales, they've spread like legend.

Tip Jar --->
Old 01-23-2014, 02:25 AM   #7
CanadianBak'inSupra

Joking aside, I lost my license for 2 years, 32 day impound on my truck, and about 3500 dollers in fines and drinking and driving courses...
I grew up quickly, and I don't recommend drinking and driving to anyone. I came close to having to go to court and getting a breathalyzer in my car..
How embarrassing not to mention the people I could have hurt...

Back on topic. It should be really easy to test the door sensors.
I wonder if they make universal replacement sensors for doors
Old 01-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

I agree that it's no joking matter. Never done it but I think every one of my inlaws has at least one DUI under their belt. One of my friends got ticketed for DUI but was right on the edge of the limit. The court deferred the conviction in exchange for him having a breathalyzer in his car for 6 years or so. It's connected to his car alarm so the damned thing just goes off from a false or bad reading every once in a while. Definitely not worth the risk of hurting someone because you were just having too good of a time.

Tip Jar --->

Tags
door, lights