Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Performance, Modification, and Maintenance Forums - for generation specific discussions > MKII Supra

Old 03-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
85mkll
Stock

85mkll is on a distinguished road
Default need some info on how to turbo 5mge

hey every1 i was just wondering if a 7mgte turbo manifold would fit on my 5mge
85mkll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite sure they're too different.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #3
85mkll
Stock

i was told when i bought my header for my 5mge that it was for a 7mge when i put it on i had to move my power steering pump out of the way a bit but its been fine ever since. i thnk ill start another thread cuz im thnkn of doin 7mgte swap but need more info
Old 03-03-2010, 02:58 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for adding that. Would you mind posting some pictures? Are the intakes compatible?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 03-03-2010, 03:03 AM   #5
85mkll
Stock

im not sure if the intake is compatible or not. i wouldnt mind posting pics. wat excactly are u wanting in the pics?
Old 03-03-2010, 03:09 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

Oh, I was just thinking pics of the header for an illustration of fitment would be a good addition.... I don't own a MKII and I know that I would benefit from it, so I suppose a complete newbie would as well. It'll also help give at least some idea about the clearance issues wih a turbo manifold and turbo... or is the PS pump it?

Do you know if the intake runners are evenly spaced or grouped in pairs?

This covers a number of what I'm sure are common questions: http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...-charging.html

Tip Jar --->
Old 03-03-2010, 03:20 AM   #7
85mkll
Stock

im not sure on the turbo stuff at all. im trying to get some info on that. when i put the header on i was have troubles getn it to bolt down all the way flush with the block because it was hitn on the power steering bracket i loosend the bolts on the power steering bracket and had to remove 1. i pushd the bracket forward and it made enough room for it to go flush. im pretty sure it all lines up because ive had it on for a year and havnt had any problems. this is not a turbo header tho its just a regular header not a turbo 1
Old 03-03-2010, 03:23 AM   #8
85mkll
Stock

i have done some research and from wat ive read that the blocks are all the same things that are different is the internals and that everything is compatible even the internals. wat im sayn is i dnt knw from exsperience but from reading and doing research is that everything from the 7mge will fit on the 5mge including all the internals.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:23 AM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

I knew a lot of the intenals were compatible (hell, the pre89 7M's ran 6M cranks and a higher rev limit due to it being lighter), I had been informed many times that the head's were different enough that parts weren't interchangeable... thanks for posting your findings! We haven't many active MKII members so it's nice to get a refresher and especially new info.

Tip Jar --->
Old 03-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #10
midwestmk2
3" Exhaust

midwestmk2 is on a distinguished road

No the intakes will not interchange.. The 7m is a 24valve motor and the 5 and 6m both use the 12 valve hemi head design.. The dizzy is also on the passenger side of the 7m versus ours on the driverside..The 6m is nothing but a 5m with a 7m crank and a different cank timing gear to make up for the stroke diference.. The intakes on the 5 and 6m are round and the 7m has a oval intake to unshroud the intake valves.. The exhaust side though is identicle.. The header will just need to be ground off a bit on the front to clear the power steering pump.. The turbo manifold should be a direct bolt on though..How you are a Admin and not know these simple things is confusing though.. Its called research and not just the model you drive. Every Supra from 1979 to 1998 should be known.. Hell do you even know what a Toyota 2000GT is? Im betting not..
83 p-type,5spd,4;10 gears,New 86 cressida 5MGE 195hp,HKS metal head gasket,Cressida injectors,d-port intake runners,No EGR,No cat,Tweaked MAF,Custom cold air intake,Custom rear strut bar,Perfection clutch,Custom 3inch exhaust,4inch bazooka muffler,,Only 2700lbs,, COME AND GET IT!IF YOU DARE!! Please no Honduuuuhhhs!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/858848/2

Last edited by midwestmk2; 03-06-2010 at 12:31 AM.
midwestmk2 is offline   Reply With Quote