Home / Toyota Supra Forums

Go Back   Toyota Supra Forums! Join the Supra forum! > Supra Specific > Exterior , Interior, and Detailing

Old 08-31-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
ReEvolution89
Stock

ReEvolution89 is on a distinguished road
Default MKIII Drift Wide Body Kit

Im putting the feelers out to find out how many people would be intrested in purchasing a custom low production fiberglass wide body kit designed for protecting the original rear quater panels and suspension geometry in slower speed and lighter wall hits while drifting, and aerodynamics. Over this winter i will be developing it and by april i should have pictures.

The Kit will include Front and Rear bumpers, Side Skirts, Rear wing and Wide body quarter panels that are quick change designed. The kit will also include foglights and tailights that will be added to the original tailights for design purposes. Wheel spacers and studs will also be included along with instructions on installations.

When i start selling them i will share the impact protecting designs, until then all i can tell you is that it is light weight and easily changable kit, that will protect your investment while drifiting.

This kit is for MK III's with the targa top only. If enough people are interested i will develop a kit for non targa MK III's as well.
The final price has not been decided upon, I'm still getting quotes on materials, and molds. It will most likely cost between $1800-$2500

The idividual parts will be made available, only to those who already have bought the full kit, to purchase as replacement for damaged pieces.

I will only sell 16 body kits max so that they remain original and not some mass produced kit that everyone in your city also owns.

Any input on what you may like to see out of this body kit would be very much appreciated, just email me.

Thank You

Albert Tubbert
BleedingRoseEternity@gmail.com
ReEvolution89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReEvolution89 View Post
This kit is for MK III's with the targa top only.
I'd like to know what on Earth would prevent the use of this kit on a hard top MKIII.

And don't post the same thing multiple times... post once; If you're not certain where it belongs, don't worry, if it's in the wrong place we'll move it.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
ReEvolution89
Stock

I'm designing it around a targa top supra and the way I was going to mount it utilizes the targa so that it can be seamless and changed when damaged quite quickly.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

idk about you. but I dont think id be on the track with my top off.

got any concept pictures.. just curious.

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green7mgte View Post
but I dont think id be on the track with my top off.
I was thinking the same thing.... drifting a good looking, wet noodle?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

Tip Jar --->
Old 09-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
ReEvolution89
Stock

The plan is to make it fit while the top is on. But has no one watched formula d, darren macnamaras falken sky does not have a roof or rear windsheild neither does the nos energy 350z. I'm also assuming that if you have a drift car then your have a roll cage so it doesn't matter if you drift with the top off.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
ReEvolution89
Stock

I have also reworked the design to fit the non targa supra now
Old 10-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
Metaphysico
Stock

Metaphysico is on a distinguished road

They have very severe roll cages, ie they go from the strut towers in the front to the cage in center to strut tower in rear, they dont flex because of this.
Metaphysico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

A targa will NEVER be as rigid as a hard top. Put the same cage in each and the targa is still, comparatively a noodle and is now even less desirable due to all the extra weight from the excessive cage... no matter what excuse you come up with for wanting to race a targa MKIII it's still a crap idea; Except for being able to wave at the spectators as you bring up the rear at every event.

I know logic will never stop anyone from doing it but stop spitting out logical fallacies to defend it.

Tip Jar --->
Old 11-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #10
bioskyline
3" Exhaust

bioskyline is on a distinguished road

i love my targa top at autocross. im in the "open cockpit" class which means i race miatas all day.

i am kindof interested in this kit, but 1800-2500 is alot of cash to put out for a product i havnt seen what it looks like. i assume you have a pic of the kit installed on a car?