Thread: Rims
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #11
Codyjamesuno
3" Exhaust

Codyjamesuno is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Just to be clear, tires are absolutely critical for all situations - they're the only thing connecting you to the road. Just because the Mkiv TT might not get driven to its max at track events, does not also mean that the owner doesn't want that exact same performance level available to him/her in an emergency. My point was mainly about the rims - to me, there's nothing wrong (functionally speaking) with 17" rims, and 9.5" wide is enough to handle most situations for near-oem horsepower levels. The tires however, are a different matter. Stick to oem-spec z-rated tires, and at least oem widths. Please let me know if you'd like specific brand recommendations.
i have had cheaper tires on my supra for years and they performed very well and didn't cost me an arm an a leg, I don't agree with you on this one, tires are important but if you using it as a daily drive you don't need a high end set of track tires for the street that would just be throwing you money away. I run a $100 front and $100 rear tire on my turbo hayabusa made by shinko, a cheap brand and it's the best tire i've i've ever used on that bike and thats a 260hp machine. That bike will do over 200 mph and thats on a cheap tire, sometimes the cheap can be a diamond in the rough, just my opinnion though.
Codyjamesuno is offline   Reply With Quote