View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #71
[SupraLEGEND]
Intake

[SupraLEGEND] is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
The OS Gikken clutch isn't bad, but it doesn't stand up to HARD driving that well. I have a friend that had the twin disc version in his Supra, and he had to get the springs in the sprung-hub sections replaced several times. Again, it's an okay clutch, but not anywhere near a top-of-the-line clutch for the Mkiv Supra Turbo 6spd like this one:
http://www.titanmotorsports.com/tiltripcarcl.html

By the way, do you even know if it's a twin, triple or quad-disc Gikken? Here is the list of possible OS Gikken part numbers for the Mkiv Turbo:
  • TS2CD
  • TR2CD
  • TS3B
  • TS3BW
  • R3C
  • R4C
Regarding the Endless pads, which compound are they? We still don't have enough information about them. Here are the choices for Endless compounds:
  • LF1
  • LF2
  • LF3
  • MX72
  • CC-R
  • SSM
  • SSY
  • NS97
  • ME20
  • N03W
  • N35S
  • N40S
  • N45S
  • S89F
  • S90F
  • S91F
  • S93F
  • MA45B
  • ES88G
Some of these pads might be absolutely horrible, like the EBC pads that warmkop used. At least find out specifically which pad it is, and then after that we can discuss how well they fit your application.
The Tilton clutch seems good but, is VERY EXPENSIVE and is aimed at very high horsepower figures. A good single plate clutch like the Giken should handle up to 500RWHP possibly more? No, I don't know how many plates - need to wait for them to tell me that. Do you know if the Giken clutch outperforms the OEM one?

What do you think of the brand Endless??
[SupraLEGEND] is offline   Reply With Quote