View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 02:49 AM   #19
Supras4ever
Stock

Supras4ever is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Again, the Mkiv TT Auto, bone-stock, is faster than the Mkiv TT 6spd, bone stock, in the 1/4. Therefore I disagree with you that the Mkiv TT Auto won't feel as "dynamic" as the 6MT. They're both excellent vehicles, and far, far superior to the n/a.
I think he meant more fun . And again, I'm not interested in 1/4, I'll use the car just saturdays/sundays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
No. You elminate detonation by running more octane for the same boost level, or proportionally higher octane for high boost levels. Better spark has nothing to do with it.
What about alcohol/meth injection kit ?
The SZ-R is the perfect candidate for the n/a's, but it's rare...
In UK, TT's go from 5500 pounds for auto's and from 9000 pounds for 6spd. And as this is the starting price, these come with high mileage or seem used hard so for a fairly good one add at least 1k more. The n/a's start from ~ 1750 up to 3000 pounds for a very good one. The thing is I could have money for the auto TT(even though I want the manual ), but I have to keep in mind also registration costs, I want to fit an alarm with gps, service check before buying, changing oil, brake pads and etc beside the power increase which is the whole point ...
Pwpanas, what about the SZ-R, you haven't said anything about them. If I could find a SZ-R, I could also put tt calipers + brake disks and I could also rebuild the engine after ~1 year with TT pistons .
I prefer this instead of waiting until like mid 2013 to buy the TT...
Supras4ever is offline   Reply With Quote