View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #11
Supras4ever
Stock

Supras4ever is on a distinguished road

I'm a first year student in a 3 years degree, so I don't understand how I can get my degree sooner. I will get a part-time job as soon as I get my right to work (~3 months), 2 pt jobs means full time and as I'm a student it's impossible. Saving like 3-400 pounds every month means I have to wait 1 year+ just to afford the TT 6 spd Supra...and a few more months just to afford all the mods to make it APU. So the n/a seems for the moment the best solution but who knows, maybe I'll win the lottery .
"note that a thicker head gasket in a 2jz-ge does not produce a combustion chamber with the equivalent shape and horsepower potential to a 2jz-gte"
I know this, but I meant raising the boost from 9-10 psi (don't know the stock n/a boost level) to 15-16 psi, not higher.
"You also still may run into detonation issues at lower boost levels"
I also had in mind better spark plugs + better coils. That should do it, right?
And for all the work I'll ask a friend to help me + I'm somehow a medium mechanic, as I've worked before at my motorcycles (when I used to ride them) + I've helped a friend build a 240sx, from whom I've learned some good things. For the harder things like the gasket kit and the drilling the oil tank, I'll try to find a good mechanic (who worked with supra's before).
Thanx again!
Supras4ever is offline   Reply With Quote