View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #41
[SupraLEGEND]
Intake

[SupraLEGEND] is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
A completely stock 2jz-gte means stock turbos...and 410rwhp is right at what most BPU 2jz-gte's do (6spd). The record for a new 2jz-gte with new oem twins, bpu'd, is about 475rwhp. Personally, I'd never run a tranny that was right on the edge of breaking, but I guess that's your choice. I wish you all the luck in the world, because you'll probably need it. If you don't want to depend on luck, get the transmission that was designed to go with the 2jz-gte - the V160.
Wait a second, I never said I have or am going to buy a Supra Turbo with a W58, lol. I know that the V160 is the ultimate tranny for the Supra Turbo, no doubt about that. Reason why I asked is because, I have the option of buying a stunningly beautiful JDM '93 RZ 6MT BPU++ or wickedly beautiful JDM '95 SZ turned RZ 5MT APU+. The '95 Turbo with 5MT just makes me wonder what the torque and HP characteristics are since it's unusual for the "Big Boss" GTE to be mated to what was designed for the "Boss" GE. I'm already leaning towards the '93 but, it's still a hard choice to make...

The previous owner of the '95 Supra clearly had the money to buy a Getrag if he wished but, since he didn't, perhaps it was built stronger or just his preference...
[SupraLEGEND] is offline   Reply With Quote