View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The boost control functionality does require a MAP sensor to be installed. Unfortunately due to some limitation (the specifics of which I do not remember) boost control wasn't an option even in a hybrid setup (both MAF AND MAP installed, I won't go any further into this type of setup). So, yes. For boost control you have to run speed/density. I usually recommend that people with little to no experience who want to do it on their own that they start with setting it up for a MAF without using boost control or ignition control and then once they're comfortable with it and have some idea how it SHOULD behave then switch to the S/D setup.

Turbonicsperformance, the newer devices do have a bit more kick to offer even stock setups. I do love the original MAF-T though... simple and smooth. A pretty elegant unit. But then I start thinking about the other functions I want and it's either a dash full of piggybacks and data cables or a MAFT Pro or standalone.

In my opinion, if you can afford it without choking standalone is and always will be 'top dog'. The MAFT-Pro is really an amazing piece of hardware. It's as close to a standalone as is possible for a piggyback to be. You could say that the Gen II is then only a couple steps lower. Sorry to say that everything else just sits in a pile at the bottom of the ladder.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote