View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 04:45 AM   #8
turbonicsperformance
3" Exhaust

turbonicsperformance is on a distinguished road

just from experience i absolutely LOVE my maft with gm MAF. Setup was easy as can be and tuning it is literally just turning knobs. Its not as fine of a tuning device as the maft pro or even an safc but, it works good and allows for bov venting to atmosphere. Also you can mount the maf basically ON the throttle body witch means if you lose a charge pipe your car will still run fine to get it somewhere you can fix it. Good inexpensive system IMO.

A standalone system won't do much for you until you have mods for it to support. It will give you a few hp with just the standalone some injectors and a boost control. If you do a fmic kit at the same time you should see decent numbers, but going full standalone is pricey and difficult for the weekend mechanic.

Now for the good of a standalone... You have basically infinite tuning and can run a speed density system and setup a COP system. Megasquirt 3 is now offering full seqential injector and plug firing if you feel you need to be that precise. All in all a standalone is a VERY good upgrade, but without upgrades for it to support its basically useless.
92 miata 7mgte swap forged pistons,studded mhg, 3 inch dp with a glass pack,blowthrough MAF-T,550cc inj, act stage 2 clutch, fmic kit, greddy rs, full wire tuck, rx7 lsd rear with 4.10s. 15psi "ct26-A"??(waiting on dyno #s) if anyone knows whats up with my turbo let me know it has a larger comp wheel nicer machining and 6 dual fins rather than 5? its confusing and keep finding too much contradicting info. would LLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE a compressor map

Last edited by turbonicsperformance; 11-05-2011 at 04:52 AM.
turbonicsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote