View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #20
turbot11
Stock

turbot11 is on a distinguished road

Ok back form the dead! It took months but he took it all apart, had the head planed (per the recommendations here and thankfully against the advice of his dipshit friend) put it all back together and has it running! My only gripe is he used an MLS gasket when a composite would have been in order but so far so good and no leaks. However he is having a few troubles with the car, from what I've been told it acts as if its hitting fuel cutout. I set the turbo up so that there is NO controller, no solenoid or anything between the boost/vacuum nipple and the wastegate. So maybe it hits 4-5 psi max, no way it makes nearly enough to trip any comptuer programmed shutdown. He says that when it does this the check engine light flashes and shuts off. He thinks it may be fuel related, Im not sure but I want to check a few things including fuel pressure. My questions are what is static pressure supposed to be? Where do you connect a pressure tester? How do you retrieve codes from this car, and where can I find a list of fault code discriptions? Is the fuel pressure adjustable with stock components? He says there appears to be a knob on what he says is the regulator on the rail that hes played with. Any ideas are greatly appreciated
Thanks in Advance
Chris
turbot11 is offline   Reply With Quote