View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 03:36 AM   #4
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonrh View Post
Thanks for the reply lux. That plug/sensor/??? appears, per this forum, to be a "noise filter". It is next to all supra coil OR igniter brackets. Must be why I have read alot about tools to be used to assist with hearing sounds in the electrical system on these cars.

As far as battery, started around 12.2v and died away as we worked it. My wife posted the previous and may be complicated so here is a quick run down. I have down all I can as far as searching for this issue.
So it is known, it is a NA Supra with a T61 setup. Im running no add ons yet and stock everything. I have one coil to the dizzy per all/most NA 93+ Supras. It is 2JZGE equipped with the 5spd manual trans.

NEW...
coil, igniter, CPS/distributor, knock sensors, ECM/ECU.

CHECKED...
Fuses, IGN relay gets hot, pump primes and car smells of fuel.
Jumped TE1 with E1 and got no lights/flashes/blinks or nothing.
Plenty of gleam from the light tester at B+ in diagnostics box.

HAVENT CHECKED...
Well, I think I have checked it all lol.

Things worth knowing...
Plugs power wire gets 11+ volts in blk/org wire, nothing ever in the signal wire.
Coil blk/red wire gets 11+ volts and blk/org also gets 11+ volts with key on.
Distributor/CPS, in order from top to bottom gets...
blk=2xx oohms
red=186 ohms
white=186 ohms
green=??? (dont know what it should be as it doesnt register on the reader)
Perhaps a silly question, but have you worked through the troubleshooting steps in your TSRM?

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote