View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:26 AM   #19
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMD View Post
Ok so maybe 550hp is too much, i found out the stock TT can only go to around 400hp, and im not drag racing it or anything, at least not now. Just want to make it more powerful and fun to drive in the future. So im guessing say 450-500 is more suitable, i don't know really it all depends on how much i pay for the parts and whether it may be just a little bit more pricey for more power?
You also have been misinformed. If you're truly interested for whatever reason (given that you're an n/a owner) "the stock TT" can do a lot more than "400hp". That said, 'the stock ZR1 vette' can do 638hp...to me, that's just as irrelevant! The n/a MKIV and TT MKIV engines are completely different - with totally different heads, different pistons and a different ignition system!!! It seems that you arbitrarily want one to suddenly do the same hp as the other one. Why not evaluate what the n/a MKIV engine is capable of all on its own right, independent of what any other completely different engine/car/whatever can do? Also, if you want what the TT can do in horsepower, how are you going to stop all of that quickness once it gets going? With those pitiful n/a brakes? What about turning with the lousy n/a suspension and narrow 16" wheels? What will you do when the weaker n/a transmission or the weaker n/a differential gives up the goat?

Lastly, you never answered my question: What do you think of the n/a-T kit I linked to in my post above?

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-02-2011 at 01:40 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote