View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 792 View Post
I have another question for you.

If I'm upgrading to a 3" downpipe and catback exhaust for bpu+++ but I plan to go to APU later on, would a 4" catback exhaust and downpipe be better at APU levels? if so, would I be able to skip the 3" downpipe and exhaust and go right to the 4" at bpu/bpu+++ so I don't have to buy two exhausts and two downpipes?
The Mkiv Supra TT exhaust comes in three sections: A downpipe, a midpipe, and a 'catback exhaust'. The only one part of those three that needs to be changed if you go to an aftermarket turbo setup is the downpipe. The midpipe and the catback exhaust *can* still continue to fit whether you have the oem twin turbos or an aftermarket turbo. The oem midpipe has a cat. There are several options for either 3" or 4" or even 5" aftermarket midpipes (without cat). There are many, many options for 'catback exhausts'. In other words, the same exhaust (and midpipe) will work with both setups. You will need to change the downpipe when you upgrade from the oem twin turbos to an aftermarket turbo setup.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote