View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #2
suprra_girl
7M POWAH! ;)

suprra_girl has a spectacular aura aboutsuprra_girl has a spectacular aura about

1g's can make power but due to displacement just not as easy

i would start with upgrading the downpipe... i think 3" is a little too big for a 2L
maybe 2.5" from turbos back
oh and of course before exhaust.... have you got an air filter on there yet? pod filter...
cold air = more power... so you could build a cold air box and get some ducting pipe from the front bumper to the intake

a huge restriction i believe is the intake piping to the turbos... if those were remade i'm sure there would be a big flow difference

careful of overboosting those turbos also.. they're only ceramic and like dying hehe
since you have a 1990 i would assume this is a generation 3 ecu which is either a 9psi or 11psi model... i would work on things around the engine first

so intake, exhaust.... cold air...

upgrade the intercooler & intercooler pipes (custom jobby tho... not much aftermarket support for the 1g)

that's bout all i can think of right now

p.s. ur lucky you got a 1990 1g.. if you had gotten an 89 it would have been narrowbody lol

Pics of my build.

"Good girls are just bad girls that don't get caught"

Do a diagnostic first!
suprra_girl is offline   Reply With Quote