View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 01:41 AM   #19
My88isGREAT
Stock

My88isGREAT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwilson86 View Post
My88isGREAT, it looks like you need to slip your timing belt off and correct your intake cam. It's obviously off by a tooth
OK Mr. Smart guy, then how come I have TWO motors and they are EXACTLY the same, the angle on the exhaust is slightly inside, IF I moved it one tooth in either direction it would be totally screwed. As for old belt, it was EXACTLY the same when I put the motor back together with the new one, must be a conspiracy and Gates Racing is in on it too. All I can say is bring your bag of bolts & nuts and put some money on it!!! Its like when I try to help my buddy with his bone stock 77 Camaro 305, runs beautiful, does not even smoke. He ask me "what can I do to get some more power out of it" so I give him some suggestions, but when someone else is there "a hater" they say "Put a 350 in it..." Then he wants to make it look better, so I tell him to put some fatter tires on the back like 10" wides, and clean up the factory rims, they are in beautiful shape. Once again yes "a hater" says "Put some 20"s on it..." So I wont help out any more guys don't worry. Don't want to help out to tell them where the timing should be set if they did not even read the book for themselves to know...

Last edited by My88isGREAT; 04-04-2011 at 02:13 AM.
My88isGREAT is offline   Reply With Quote