View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #18
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by My88isGREAT View Post
CRE, where do you get the info that you use a dead plug to check timing? How in the hell would you check the timing on a car that is not going to run right or idle with a non-running cylinder
As usual, no idea what on Earth you are talking about... RTFM. On a N/A, which is what this person has, you can only use wire #1 to check timing. On a GTE you may use either #1 or #6 as they always fire at the same time; It's called a wasted spark setup. Now go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My88isGREAT View Post
this is why I don't help people with there stuff.
Then stick with it. No need for you to go making exceptions just for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwilson86 View Post
My88isGREAT, it looks like you need to slip your timing belt off and correct your intake cam. It's obviously off by a tooth
It may be the angle of the picture and it may be as close as it's going to get. With older belts (and cheap modern production on new ones) you'll get extra slack on the belt and thus inaccurate tooth spacing.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote