View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #16
My88isGREAT
Stock

My88isGREAT is on a distinguished road

CRE, where do you get the info that you use a dead plug to check timing? How in the hell would you check the timing on a car that is not going to run right or idle with a non-running cylinder, building pressure and not detonating? I do see the thing about jumping the diagnostic though, sorry bout that.
chupacabra, you should have marked your distributor (sorry I said cam position sensor before, scold me) before you pulled all the stuff apart so you knew how it goes together. Like I was saying, and CRE said, you need to check you mark on the distributor before you install to make sure it is lined up. http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...aspx?S=IG&P=19 If it still runs like shit, set it back at TDC, pull out the distributor and try another tooth. Make sure you did not accidentally hook up spark plug wires in the incorrect order first, it could happen if your were not careful.... You said at first (my cams don't line up perfect) neither do mine even before I took the motor apart. The one on the exhaust side was a little to the inside. Here is the pic, if yours is like this there should be no problem. It is hard to see if your not looking at it in person but hope it helps.... I still think its your distributor but I dunno, this is why I don't help people with there stuff.

Last edited by My88isGREAT; 04-03-2011 at 01:30 PM.
My88isGREAT is offline   Reply With Quote