View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #15
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't do that...

First I would try bypassing the fuel pump relay and resistor (passenger fender) as it switches around 4K.... if that doesn't do anything either I'd take it from the top:

Remove the timing belt cover, loosen the tensioner and slide the timing belt off. Make sure that the dowel for each cam and gear is in the center hole on both cam and gear. Remove the #1 spark plug and place a 12" dowel in the hole, rotate the crank until the dowel stops moving upward and check to see if the 0? mark on the harmonic balancer is correct. After you verified that all the indicators are accurately pointing to 0? pull the CPS and reset it (again :P ); See the FAQ for a thread on setting timing it has a picture showing where the CPS internals should be pointing once the CPS is installed so you can make sure it didn't skip a tooth on you.

Go back over the wiring. Disconnect and inspect every plug/socket; Unbolt every ground and clean them all very thoroughly with sandpaper... The same for the face of the head/block/chassis that they bolt to and even the flange of the nut. A couple common mistakes here are people not bolting down all of the grounds on the back of the intake plenum or forgetting one of the wires on the back of the head on the exhaust side (especially the black wire with yellow stripe that bolts to the fire wall).

Inspect the vacuum lines and routing. Make sure the lines for the fuel pressure VSV are all correct.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote