View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #18
El_supracabra
Intake

El_supracabra is on a distinguished road
Default 7mge W58 FLYWHEEL vs 7mgte R154 FLYWHEEL

THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME IN DIAMETER. HOWEVER, THE 7MGTE/R154 FLYWHEEL IS ABOUT 3/8" THICKER THAN THE ONE FOR THE 7MGE//W58!!!!

This is absolutely critical! what happened: I accidentally ordered a flywheel for a Turbo supra. (r154 trans) it was so thick that it positioned the pressure plate nearly 1/2" further towards the rear of the bellhousing. once the bellhousing bolts are tightened down, it binds the pressure plate into the bellhousing and the whole thing locks up tight! VERY VERY IMPORTANT to know!!!

Every thing else is the same, number of teeth, overall diameter, bolt pattern, inside whole diameter. The ONLY other thing that MIGHT be different, is the PATTERN of threaded holes for the PRESSURE PLATE BOLTS. i had to ream the pressure plate holes in order for them to line up with the threaded holes in the flywheel. this was my first clue that this was the incorrect flywheel. I made the mistake of thinking "its just the usual aftermarket compatibility".

On that note; I have a CHROME-MOLY lightweight flywheel for a turbo supra for sale now. LOL its never been used just bolted up. Ill take $150 firm
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CBHau...Q5fAccessories

CHEVROLET- Cracked Heads, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Every Time

FORD- Flipped Over, Rebuilt Dodge

DODGE- Dirty Old Dust Gathering Engine

I'd rather drive a Toyota, than push a ford.
El_supracabra is offline   Reply With Quote