View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 06:57 AM   #3
kewlcoconut
3" Exhaust

kewlcoconut is on a distinguished road

Ok, well I guess that I read the codes wrong when I diagnosed it myself. I thought I was getting the TPS and Knock Sensor code. It was only the knock sensor. My mechanic fixed the knock sensor. Apparantly it was in two pieces and looked like it had been hit or something. The car runs better with the sensor in place, BUT i still have that problem!

I am stumped on what it could be. I have no engine light on, but it still breathes like it has severe asthma or something. I thought it might be a battery recharge problem, and i checked everything. The alternator is only a few months old and it was doing this before I got the new alternator. So that rules it out. The battery is fairly new as well. And the throttle body was cleaned out as well and the TPS is working fine. So its not a problem with wiring, at least i dont think it is. And I checked over and over for cracks and holes in vaccuum tubes and the intake tube. I am STUMPED!!!!

EDIT
-------------------
Could this just be a really bad case of heatsoak?? I sure dont have problems with overheating or anything. Im running the stock fan in my 7MGE and it seems fine. But when i turn it off for a while and turn it back on about 20-30mins later, its like the battery isnt charging, or its just overheated or something is causing it to breathe and die like it does. I dont know.
-------------------

Guidance please?

Last edited by kewlcoconut; 09-28-2005 at 07:09 AM.
kewlcoconut is offline   Reply With Quote