View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #24
Supra Saiyan
3" Exhaust

Supra Saiyan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
If it's knocking that bad and you're losing that much oil I'm sorry to say the damage is done my friend.... rebuild time. Before you even bother ordering a new dipstick, drain the oil and measure how much you get back out; It will be very obvious if you're missing more than 1/2qt.
DUDE! I drove my car like 8 miles.. Boom! LOCKED UP!!! Ya, the jiffy lube that changed it was saying they had a hard time getting off the oil filter due to the position and size of the down pipe. They finally got it. I asked them to make sure they get it on tight as they said they would and apparently did.. APPARENTLY NOT!

So I get out of the car while i'm stuck in the middle of a huge interection on a HILL! Call AAA, have it towed to the mechanic. He said he would see EXACTLY what happened and get after the jiffy lube. Luckily he knows the owner of the jiffy lube from previous instances of sports car oil changes gone wrong.

It was obvious by the smell to me that this had to do with them. Idk what kind of knock I had. It was not that bad.
Supra Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote