View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcrispino View Post
Hey,
I made a special tool, I got a steel bar and welded the socket to the end of it. I then put a pipe at the end of that as well to get leverage. When we tried to pull on it, it started to bend the steel bar!! I have no idea why its so friggin tight. Is there anything else I can do!!!!?????
Sound like you need a thicker/stronger, and possibly longer steel bar. Again, step 1 is to get enough power on it. After that depends on exactly what happens *when* (not if) you get it to turn. I guarantee 100% that if you get enough power on it, something will happen.

Hopefully you're using a six-sided impact-grade socket.

You are turning it counterclockwise, right? Sorry...I had to ask.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote