View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 07:11 AM   #5
D_DAWG84
Stock

D_DAWG84 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
The n/a engine won't "pop unless you spend alot", unless you mean spedning a lot on race fuel. Really, the only thing better/stronger in the TT block is the internal cooling system, as the 2jz-gte block has oil squirters that squirt oil on the bottoms of the pistons. The 2jz-ge block will take boost fine, but you will need to run a much higher octane for a given boost level, because of those higher compression pistons. Since many don't find that very economical, I agree with your choice to start with a 2jz-gte. What I don't agree with is your choice to start with an n/a chassis. Everyone that has priced it out, and really wants to end up with a car that performs like full TT (or better) in all ways agrees that it's cheaper to sell your n/a and save up for the TT you really want. Just mho (along with a LOT of anecdotal evidence and pricing).
I know what your saying I wish I had the gte platform to start with I almost had one last summer.It was nice had 175.000k on it though it was not taken care of verry well.. I know this tt swap is gonna be way more money to complete but I have a good job and slowly geting the parts as I can find them is my plan... The big chunk is the six speed with the gte engine about 5-6 k on ebay...Braking system isnt gonna be cheap either havnt even started looking into that yet oh well I love the supra makes me feel good just taking it out owned many cars in the last 10 years...The integra, 300zx ,crx and a talon the supra is by far the best looking import in its age (my opinion) Thanks for the advise I know im gonna have more questions and foresure problems coming my way once the ge engine has been pulled another 15k or more to get what I want its not much cosidering all the money I spent on nothing since I started working at least I will have a fast ass car that will beat my old mans 66 396 chevelle and pontiac g8 I will be a happy camper cuz right now he would destroy me with either of those cars lol.....
D_DAWG84 is offline   Reply With Quote