View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
supraturbo_mk3
3" Exhaust

supraturbo_mk3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
A piggyback is an option but there are some things to keep in mind... mainly that the two ECUs have very different ignition advance maps... you're going to either want to pull timing across the board (a waste as it'll cost you low end power) or you'll want a piggyback which offers timing control or add an aftermarket timing system to the mix like the MSD 6.... The MAFT Pro is a piggyback which offers fuel control, timing control and boost control.

As for finding out which injectors, get the part number off of one... it's stamped in the black plastic part of the body.

Do yourself a favor and get a wideband sensor on there as soon as you can so you know you're not running lean. I'd recommend the Innovate Motorsport LC-1 as the least expensive option.... and it's a VERY good unit. (plus it'll integrate with any standalone system or the MAFT
Pro)
Wow thanks a lot you have been very helpful....I'm pricing the MAFT Pro and wideband sensor to see what I'm looking at...After I get these installed and tuned I feel a lot safer while driving my car....Will having the MAFT Pro eliminate the need for a fuel cut defender?.....I guess this is going to put a hold on me replacing my HG and head studs....I just want to get this engine reliable first and fore most.
supraturbo_mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote