View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #29
88arpuS
Stock

88arpuS is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Fixed starting problem, thanks

Thanks to Cyfi6 and Bill UK I was able to start my 1988 supra 7m-gte, I replaced the strarter which I tested and it was burned out, had problem with top bolt but was able to reach it with a 2 foot extension and universal socket with a 14mm attached and I reached it from the front of the car with my hand under the exhaust manifold and I used the weight of the starter to hold the bolt from moving while I unscrewed the nut. Then I jump started it and it started, but when I cut it off it wouldn't start again, so I came to this forum I purchased the 30 amp relay plus 18 gauge wire and wired it first based off the wiring diagram that Cy Fi6 posted and it didn't start so I wired it based off of Bill UK wiring diagram and it started right up and has continued to start everytime. I'm in chicago so it was very cold when I changed the starter out and put the relay in.

I could not have done it if this forum did not exist so thanks to this forum admin (cre) and a special thanks to Bill UK and CY fi6
88arpuS is offline   Reply With Quote