Thread: Stress
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 08:49 AM   #3
suprra_girl
7M POWAH! ;)

suprra_girl has a spectacular aura aboutsuprra_girl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by cbailey@Nov 27 2004, 05:07 AM
Can mk3's take a lot of stress to tranny and rear end? If not i should not be looking into one.

Also i herd they have speed governors, and a rev limiter, if so is there a way to get rid of them safely? I mainly need the rev limiter off.

And finally, about blowing the head gasket, is it worse or more liable to in turbo than n/a? If and when i do get mine, should i go ahead and get it replaced, if so, how much are we lookin at in $?
welcome to the forum

mk3 tranny's can usually handle bout 250-300rwhp.. that is if you are talking automatic... manual can be 400rwhp or more depending on the history and the care the gearbox has recieved

yep they have speed cut and rev cut.... absolutely under no recommendation do i give to get rid of rev cut... that is your one last engine safety you have.. maybe move it a few hundred rpm but make sure you have the built pistons, rods, and crank to handle it... stock sure won't
speed cut you can easily buy a speed limit defencer but i would think that the ecu would constantly see 180kph or less permanently so you would probly need to get a fuel controller to sort out fuel for that sort of speed

well... the turbo and na i believe blow head gaskets as often as each other... turbos are more fun of course
to do you hg properly... get an hks metal head gasket and arp head studs and torque them down to arps instructions... i would say for a full proper gasket job you would be looking at bout $1000, to deck the head and block and make sure she's prepped for a metal head gasket.. while you're at it i would replace the bearings also... you never know if the previous owner has run it out of oil

good luck in your supra search

Pics of my build.

"Good girls are just bad girls that don't get caught"

Do a diagnostic first!
suprra_girl is offline   Reply With Quote