View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 04:12 AM   #6
2jzFUN
Stock

2jzFUN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Shimless buckets are cool, but only needed if you'll be running really high rpms (>10K).

In general, 9s is easily doable - on the oem shortblock (yep, I mean 100% bone-stock)! Did MA Performance mislead you to think you needed to build the shortblock for this project?

Again, there's no need to build the engine at all - just slap in a set of 272 cams! After that, all you you need is a moderately large single turbo (eg 74mm+), fuel system, AEM, TH400, slicks&skinnies. Maybe a small shot of nos to spool, and disconnect the front swaybar. That's about it for '9s in-a-box' with the Mkiv Supra Turbo.
No misleading here. This is my first supra and I am building everything for more power and a great street car so everything will be done from the ground up in case I go for more power later. I am the one having them do what is being done and maperformance is just there to do the work for me. The engine smoked a little so a complete rebuild was in order anyways. I am going with a built stock trans and pro efi instead of other choices which I feel will be great for what I am looking for.
2jzFUN is offline   Reply With Quote