View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 05:37 AM   #7
zby67
3" Exhaust

zby67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907mge View Post
To do a p&p job you will have to remove the valves from the head. You can really get into it and remove alot of metal which you have to be careful with or you can just do a good clean and smooth it out job. You will find the exhaust ports to be lined with carbon and the intake ports lined with residue from the pcv. Actually the whole intake will be coated from the pcv. There are videos on youtube of p&p ing but most of them are on big v8s that have much bigger ports. On the 7m the ports are much smaller and harder to work on. On mine I tried to do it myself and got sick of it and had the guy at the machine shop do it for me. He spent about 4 hours grinding away as well as a valve job and reshiming for $500.
how thats fairly cheep! but yeah ill be doing a complete overhaul of the engine so everything comes out and new gets put back in. easyer said then done plus i the work on the head and block. hope this goes smother then what im thinking it will lol. wont know till i try. and i will be asking questions cause the haynes repair manual i has gives more info in the 5M's and basicly skips over the 86.5 and 87's and then gos directly to the 89-92 7m-GTE witch are similar but still. ill be using Cygnus X1 witch as everyone has said the holy bible to the supra's! lol