View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Old Man Supra
Stock

Old Man Supra is on a distinguished road
Default OK........ What The HELL!!!!!!

Hello, Well I'm back on the forum here not scouting for nice pics or useful performace tips but........... Ok earlier this year a bad [like wrong terminal connection] hookup to my battery that got me into trouble and fried some of my fuses in the engine compartment and in the driver kick panel,I replaced them all then tried to get my beast going but no luck. I had a good friend and fine mechanic come over and we got it up and running just as before.......... 100%. Turns out it was the PCM that was the starting issue and once I bought a stock replacement and installed it the car fired right up. Ok so I have had the car out and about since enjoying the nice weather here in Minnesota with not a problem............car ran great,pulls, strong,everything working just as it should be till..............Yesterday. I took the car out in the morning for a nice long drive and it ran great,I parked the car at the mechanic/friend's house to talk with him and the car sat for less than half a hour before I got in and and tried to leave. It turned over and fired right up but then died........second try same thing, third try I had my foot to the floor on the gas and it ran rough for a minute but then it was back to its old self running just fine, then I drove it around for the better part of a hour with no issues at all. Today I went out to take it out for a drive,got in turned the key and the car spins over quickly but will not fire.Everything else works,lights,dash lights,power windows,radio,everything. So whats the car up to now...........besides not giving me a ride that is.: ( It would seem to me given how the car was acting during the hard start and rough idle moment the other day this could/should be fuel related but...........it could also be spark,I would not think the PCM took a dive after just this long. Clues?,Opinons? I was so enjoying the Supra now...........here I sit once again,I love this car despite all this, its my baby. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Old Man Supra; 10-12-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old Man Supra is offline   Reply With Quote