View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #16
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameroonski View Post
okay thank you for a solid answer. So i will not be turbo-ing it. Those were enough reasons and it makes since to me now why not to turbo.

so it seems that simply gearing up the rear diff is the best option. I will rebuild it to stock or slightly better then stock quality if i have the money, and make sure the head bolts are torqued down in the correct sequence so i dont have anymore overheating problems, water in my cylinders, or lack of power (or general engine screw up issues). and with more torque out of my drivetrain i can play with that.
I went for proper first. My car leaks oil when parked within the valves so I get blue when I first start up. Other than that I have all the rubber, etc and electrical running perfect (on the engine.. interior is being done as we speak). I want my car running as close to perfect as possible first, then I will think about upping HP/speed. I bought the car for 1. the look, 2. the fun, 3. the speed.. so speed is the last requirement for me. Nice clean body, no problems.. then I will worry about what its capable of.

Those are my priorities and with a car this age.. I think I took the right path. Turbos are fine, NA are fine. Just dont let it get you worried when you see all the talk about turbos.. they are just the ones that most people play with ($$$). Good to have if you have it, but not necessary.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote