View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 11:57 PM   #18
depami
Stock

depami is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conga1991 View Post
I unlocked and locked the passenger side and tried starting it and still nothing, but now the fuel leak is back so im gonna use some white plumber tape on the union. and im gonna replace the large wire from the battery to the starter hoping thats the problem.

So if the wires to the starter (large battery and small ecu plug) arent the problems, then the only thing causing the starter not to start is the ignition wiring?
If the fuel line fittings are taper thread, then the teflon tape will work. But, if the fuel fittings are flared tubing or a banjo bolt, the tape will do nothing.

As to the alarm, try unlocking on drivers door, passenger door, and hatch. IIRC, I had this happen once and it did matter which lock disarmed it?

You could remove the starter and do a bench test: Connect battery "-" to the frame and battery "+" to the large stud and see if it runs. Then you know if the starter works or not. If it runs, then the problem is either in your power connections to the starter, or, in the control circuit. The control circuit gets a little more complicated, hopefully you have a manual and/or wiring diagrams?

I don't recall that you stated the year of your car, but, I have manuals on 86.5 and could post diagrams if that would help.

Hope some of this helps.

Good luck!

Denny

82 5 sp 928 - Guards Red
86.5 auto 928 - Meteor Metalic - No Rub Strips
86.5 5 sp Supra SR/SS - Amethyst
92 FlightCraft 18 XLT
94 1200 Sportster
01 F150
depami is offline   Reply With Quote