View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #15
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationtime247 View Post
It's actually balanced really well. Sure feels tight and not sloppy when I'm driving it. There are no vibrational issues and the 350 Chevy actually weighs LESS than a 7M. The tranny is a 700R4 GM overdrive. I'm using the same suspension set up that came with it originally. Only thing I did change was the 4.33 rear open differential to a more user friendly 3.73 LSD. As far as the electrical. Your right, most of the dash I didn't bother to splice into. But the dash and running lights work. Also have my own set of gauges to monitor the engines vitals (temp, oil, volts). It's really an easy swap to do, I'd like to see more.
VT247
Suppose if it would work at all it would be a small block Chevy V-8. The 350 has to be the most made engine in the world. Before my disappointing 85 Camero and 89 Firebird, I had a 71 Camero with a 350 engine. It was always a joy and ease to work on unlike the newer cars.
What about the other systems? do you have heat and ac? In Oklahoma ac is a requirement unless one is a lizard.
Good Luck with your project and please be careful.