View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #14
Vacationtime247
3" Exhaust

Vacationtime247 is on a distinguished road

It's actually balanced really well. Sure feels tight and not sloppy when I'm driving it. There are no vibrational issues and the 350 Chevy actually weighs LESS than a 7M. The tranny is a 700R4 GM overdrive. I'm using the same suspension set up that came with it originally. Only thing I did change was the 4.33 rear open differential to a more user friendly 3.73 LSD. As far as the electrical. Your right, most of the dash I didn't bother to splice into. But the dash and running lights work. Also have my own set of gauges to monitor the engines vitals (temp, oil, volts). It's really an easy swap to do, I'd like to see more.
VT247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
Ick putting a GM engine into a Toyota just sounds WRONG. I am not a big fan of anything made by the Heartbreak of America, today's Government Motors. The head gasket blew probably because it was torqued incorrectly. You will save yourself a world of headaches by putting in a replacement engine or rebuilding the old engine. Nothing on the drive train will work right and there will be weight and balance troubles. So you are looking at a new transmission and probably rear end. The electrical system will not work right, the suspension is wrong. I would not trust a car with a very different engine. The builders went through a lot of effort when they designed theses cars. There will be those things the backyard designer will forget.
Yea you could put a small block Chevy engine into her but the car will not be the same. If you want a GM pony car go out and get an old Camero or Firebird. You can have that "great GM feeling" and it will not bankrupt you.
Vacationtime247 is offline   Reply With Quote