Thread: Transmission
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

I am not certain, but I think you are talking about the JDM version of the R154 (is there a difference?? probably not). I dont have a JDZ so I will let someone else answer it. The only thing you have to be aware of is that you do not want a W58 and if its the warehouse you are buying it from that I think you are, they will know if it fits. (I am in Calgary as well) Pretty sure the R154 is universal and the bell housing as well. Oh.. and you may want to have the boys at Dominion give it a lookie-loo after you buy it (you only have a 90 day warranty if its what I think you are buying). They are a great bunch down there (Dominion transmission just by Chinook on 58th)

As well, you may want to chat with Reg and the boys at RTCS about the shifting forks as well. (people here can correct me if I am wrong). Apparently the only bad portion to the R154 is that the 1st and 2nd forks are prone to bending. They have an aftermarket fork set that you may want to look into. (will know more about that when I get the car back in about a week or so)

Again, I will let someone who knows for sure answer it but from everything I have read, its the same trany on both. I am a Supra owner, not a mechanic.

Last edited by Grandavi; 07-13-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote