View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 AM   #7
crazyasianr6
Stock

crazyasianr6 is on a distinguished road

oh i do respect pwpanas advice. and with that being said. if i were to do a 2jzgte swap. i mean i looked at the suprastore.com where htey have those pre-done inspected 2jzgte with all the little things involved.
http://www.suprastore.com/2jzgteengine.html
with doing the swap, what would i need to do on terms of getting it to status of a TT. i know that the brakes and some other things cant match up to a TT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Has it been well-maintained? An example to the contrary is a 100K engine that has been bone-stock for all 100K miles, and has had regular full synthetic oil changes since day 1, vs. a 75K engine that has already been bpu for 50K miles, has been run up to 20psi boost on pump gas, and runs at the dragstrip every weekend. I'll take the first of those two engines anyday to upgrade. If you have no idea of the engine's history, start with a compression test and a leakdown test.
in my case it would be factor 1. car has been well cared for by the previous owners.
also ive been trying to get TRD parts. like the rear and side skirts as well as the hood. where would i go to find a great site/place to purchase them?
crazyasianr6 is offline   Reply With Quote