View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:18 AM   #9
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Previous owner said they did a leak down test (I am not really trusting that) and that the BHG was a fer shore thing. Kinda silly for him to sell it as a BHG car if he didnt have one.. so I am fairly certain it has one. Its simply the fact that the guy had no clue about anything that makes me wonder if he's quoting the old "oh yeah.. Supra? BHG!" line..

And they both run. They simply have different warts. The grey blows blue smoke at start up after sitting for longer than 24 hours. The red one wont retain coolant when driven (although its not bad enough that I wouldn't be able to drive it to a shop now). The grey 88 has a stiff 1st/second shift (probably bent forks) and the red one has a 1st gear that you have to keep the shifter held up into first to drive (not that you stay long in first and in fact I could avoid first altogether if I wanted to but it would be hard on the clutch). The grey one has had the rust removed, but I am looking at about 5k to finish it (up to final paint). The red one.. is a mystery.. lol. It has a lot of bondo on the door, etc. Just a touch of rust on the quarter on the driver side at present.

Its a 50/50 thing. Either way, I intend to sink another minimum of 10k into one of them. I originally just bought the 80 to tear off the exhaust and part out (possible use the leather interior as well). The only thing that stops me from turning it into a parts car is the fact that I am fanatical about the MKIII.. lol.

Last edited by Grandavi; 07-06-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote