Thread: Advice Wanted
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 03:03 AM   #4
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

I just picked up a 800.00 beatup Supra. Well worth it if you have the time, patience, devotion and knowledge. This one looked nice at a distance, but it has the usual Supra warts and bondo on the doors and fenders..

The worst part about the car is the hack job that the previous owner did on all the little things.. so easy to do properly, but all done wrong.. and now.. so many little things wrong that I will have to tear out the interior just to get things like lumbar support, the hatch, etc.. to work. Good rubber, 3" exhaust (cats removed), fairly strong engine (albeit supposed to have a BHG), aftermarket stereo (AND the original one), nice grey leather interior.. all glass is good except for some scratches from running the wiper without blades (duh).

So.. if you read that (the above part), it sounds bad and good, but in the end, I can get the car on the road in very decent condition (ignoring the body flaws) for about 1000-1500 on top of my 800 spent on the car.

If you are considering to do the same type of deal, educate yourself heavily and pay close attention to the complaints on the forums. I used most of what I learned here to knock the price down from 2000 to 800. The less you pay at the start, the less risk involved. I dont think its that difficult to recoup 900.00 if you part out a junk Supra.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote