View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 12:19 AM   #30
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Generally speaking, if you tune your exhaust on your non-turbo automagic you will gain a lot of performance.
http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...esearched.html

Read that..

If your like me, your going to be woke up to a lot of Supra nightmares if you go in with your eyes closed.

1. The cars rust... check your quarter panels (from the inside) and your wheel wells. Undercoat is NOT an effective rust deterent... its a good hider of rust.

2. Parts wear. Supra parts are expensive if you go OEM. 'nuff said?

3. Proper is not the same as 'working'. You can get a car built properly or do it yourself properly. Or.. you can settle for working.. both are good, however one is very time consuming and expensive, while the other is good if your not going long term and fussy.. which I am.

I paid fair coin for my 88, and was happy as a pig in poop. Then I came into here and had my eyes opened. Then.. reality crept in and I found the flaws. 4500.00 later.. I am just getting started.. another 10-15k to go (minimum)

Will I get the money back for it? Nope... its a labor of love.

Make sure your doing it for the right reasons and dont overextend yourself. Be happy with what you have, maintain it.. and plan. Dont start anything until its all mapped out. That way.. if it's too costly.. you can abort rather than find yourself 3-5k into parts and labor and looking at what the realities may be.

The absolute best thing you can do is do it yourself. But.. only if you can actually do it yourself.

(or in otherwords.. if you have no clue how to do brakes.. dont do them. I would rather not have you plow into someone when the bolt that you wondered about comes loose)

Not putting a damper on things, just want to give you a peek into my personal Supra hell. And I am not an expert.. but I do read : )

I can find a Supra easily.. but I have driven quite a lot to look at them, and the more I do, the more I will just keep what I have. Better the devil I know...
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote