Thread: Installing BOV
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #19
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra_rulz View Post
hey cre, now back on topic..
i just read on another page that having two pressure release systems is actually a good thing because you can adjust the spring on the stock to handle small pressure and the (lets just say HKS because thats what i'm getting) hks one tighter for the heavier boost levels. is this true? or only for cars that boost ALOT? and i also read that you shouldnt mess with the spring rate of an HKS.
That's what I was talking about. It's not needed for low boost levels... you really don't need to worry about the stock BOV not flowing enough air if you're still running a stock BOV. The only people who I know that run that way that aren't pushing a lot of boost do it for stealth purposes.

I must say, the stock BPV on my MR2 is LOUD... so's the Bosch that's on my former Supra... they've both got much larger apertures.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote