Thread: Almost BHG
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 05:50 AM   #17
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmmannn View Post
My Dad spent 1200 plus labor for a replacement motor for his Toyota Panel Truck 6 months ago. Now it has 40psi on cyclinder 5. Obviously he got FU%^KED. Now he is going to have the head done? another $800???

Did they then do a wet test to see if it was the rings or not?

These are NOT the kind of vehicles you buy if you're paying someone else to wrench on 'em. If you're paying someone else to wrench on it then you need to consider what a CLEAN one would cost you. If it's no more than double what YOUR mechanic will charge you to pull your engine to do a head gasket the right way then you need to walk away... sell the car, save for a bit longer and buy a clean one... because that on HG job WILL clean you out after everything that could go wrong (but you weren't quoted for) does go wrong.

If you're doing your own wrenching, then it's usually more a matter of if you have a place to do it and the time to do it and the desire to do it.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote