Thread: Almost BHG
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 05:27 AM   #16
batmmannn
12psi boost

batmmannn is on a distinguished road
Default Walking away

I suppose a decision like that depends on the person. Just think how many classic cars got sent to the Junk Yard for even more fixable problems. Think back on the cars your friends or family ditched that would be a worth a lot right now. My Dad had a beautiful 68 Cadillac Eldorado. It made me ill when I came home and it had been sent to the junk yard. That car would be worth a lot of money right now. Or my 70 Camaro that I traded in for a Chevy Van, worth every penny of 8 grand now.

My Dad spent 1200 plus labor for a replacement motor for his Toyota Panel Truck 6 months ago. Now it has 40psi on cyclinder 5. Obviously he got FU%^KED. Now he is going to have the head done? another $800???

The truck is not worth more than $2400 in good running condition.

Why do we get attached to our cars? I have been guilty of that worse than most but am trying to change that. Thankfully though I did horde my ol runners now they are worth good money in parts.

I can't tell you how many people stop here and ask me if I want to make some money selling them my cars.... I ask how much for one of my cars? They say We pay $200 a car.... I look at them and just shake my head, they look at me like they are doing me a favor and I am crazy to say no then I just let them move on.

You can make $200.00 on just a plastic dash bevel on ebay if it is for the right car or truck and a rare color.

Parted out the cars bring quick cash. I suppose these people have this in mind when they decide to tresspass, eye down my stuff, and then appear shocked when they learn I know how to answer NO.

batmmannn is offline   Reply With Quote