Thread: Almost BHG
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 04:10 AM   #14
supra_rulz
3" Exhaust

supra_rulz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
You should get the oil tested by an oil analysis lab for fuel contamination and do a leak down test to see if new rings are merited.... Now's the time to do a rebuild if the engine needs it.

NEVER run a 1.2mm HG unless you are positive you want a sizeable increase in compression ratio... especially on a turbo equipped car and especially since you're going to have to have material shaved off the head and most likely the block deck to get everything smooth enough for a metal HG. The stock HG is 1.37mmm when compressed. Look at other manufacturers for more options in thickness. If you're completely sold on HKG Stopper HGs then remember that the head and block decks MUST be smoother than glass!!!
oh, ok. i will look into it then. and no, i'm not sold on the HKS, it just seems thats what alot of people use? i havent really started the full research yet. do you have any recomendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Just noticed this is posted in the completely wrong section... if you're unsure of the purpose of a forum please read it (at the top of any given forum's main window) before creating a thread.

Thread moved.
oh, sorry. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmmannn View Post
Yeah I am wondering about my car still too, but I am not going a head gasket on mine till it proves itself out. I want to drive it a while first see what happens. Seems OK right now. Have already been advised to ditch the car if it needs a head gasket and it's not worth the effort, but that came from someone that has never driven a Supra.... Good thing I'm hard headed!
i totaly understand what your saying. my mechanic told me that too, and i'm just crossing my fingers that its not a cracked head or something more serious......
and same question to cre btw
supra_rulz is offline   Reply With Quote