Thread: starter removal
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 03:17 AM   #9
batmmannn
12psi boost

batmmannn is on a distinguished road
Default removing the starter

Yep I agree with what you said, but for me to get a wrench on the front of the top bolt I had to lay with my feet toward the front of the car under the engine and then snake my left arm up through the cables and put a box ratchet on it. It helps if you disconnect the wires to the starter first,

I barely was able to get my arm back up there to get the nut restarted on that front of the top bolt. I did this while my 26 inch extended socket was gently turned from the left side of the trans with my right hand to thread it on. It took determination and a no quit resolution because I have muscular large arms. Pays to be skinny doing this one and you can't do it without the wobble adapter on your socket. One more thing use only a 6 sided socket and grip the head of that bolt square with the wobble allowing your extensions to drop a bit as they come back toward you along the drivers side of the trans! Be prepared to use a breaking bar because the nut is on the other side from your socket you'll be turning the head of the bolt to break the nut free on the other side. Those bolts from factory are real tight you don't want to strip the heads.

Last edited by batmmannn; 05-31-2010 at 03:57 AM.