View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 03:44 AM   #19
Grandavi
walbro fp

Grandavi is on a distinguished road

Paid 6000.00 for mine (88 MKIII) about 2 years ago (when I first joined this forum). Now.. had I known about this FIRST.. I would probably not have bought my Supra here... I would have went state side to pick it up.

However, having said that... after putting 3500.00 into body work (removing rust and rebuilding wheel wells and quarter panels.. not painted yet), and looking at the 5-10k I will have to dump into the car to get it to where I want it.. I am happy.

Its very hard to pick up a good Supra if you dont know what your looking for (and I didn't). I dont plan on ever parting with the car unless I retire myself and give it to my son. Otherwise.. its off the market forever.

I think that these cars are undervalued and with the new wave of "exotic" collectibles, their value will rise. But "ricing" it out is a mistake and I see a lot of people doing that. Sure.. I could get this puppy up to 650 HP.. but why? I enjoy it stock. Mod the exhaust.. get everything to tip top running condition.. maintain it.. and grin.

I still get thumbs up whenever I take it on the road.
Grandavi is offline   Reply With Quote