View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 04:36 AM   #7
nfa_automotive
Intake

nfa_automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmmannn View Post
Ok thanks for the response. The Starter is bad or I have broken teeth on the flywheel it just spins and wines does not engage.

I am working on an 87 Supra, so I am not sure if you are familiar with this car but it is no piece of cake you can not get to the starter. It is damn near impossible without removing the head or manifolds, dropping the trans. The top bolt is inaccessible. I have torn my right arm up trying to get to it. I need real information on how to get to this bolt out. I am working on an American Supra. I need specifics on what wayt to get to it and what tools or what to take off. I have worked on Supras for the past 20 years but have not run into this till now. THIS SUCKS! IT IS A HORRIBLE LOCATION I CAN"T REACH. I need help please. Thanks
Ever had a trans out? You have to take the starter bolts out to get the trans out. Buy a set of Gear Wrenches make it a little easier.
1987 Supra Turbo Targa Blue 5spd 175K, 3" Exhaust from Turbo back, Lowered 1.5", 89 Steering Wheel and Climate Control, JDM Power Folding Mirrors, HKS Fan Controller, Greddy Turbo Timer, HKS EVCIII Boost Controller, Boost Gauge, Deleted Boost Gauge in Cluster for Volt, MKIV Non-Turbo wheels

1987 Supra N/A Coupe Blue Auto - Parts Car

1987 Supra Turbo Coupe Black 5spd - Bought with a spun bearing - RIP

1987 VW Jetta GTI Auto 89k
nfa_automotive is offline   Reply With Quote