View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #6
TripleC
3" Exhaust

TripleC is on a distinguished road

It is most certainly your lower spedomoter cable. you can check your upper cable to see if it is the problem by Disconnecting the connecter screw on the speedo cable itself. Climb under the car and look for a cable coming out of the passanger side of the Transmission (it is the fat black cable that enters your firewall behind the Top of the Bell housing) Get your self a Drill and connect it to the Diamond Shape piece of steel inside the Black cable (its more of a tube and the steel wire sticks out enought o do this) have a buddy watch the gauge and see if it still has the problem when you run the Drill (Clockwise i think).
If it reads and dosnt do what oyu say your gauge and upper cable are in good shape.
Then you get to check the lower cable. you can take that one all the way out by just undoing the screws that attatch the upper and lower cables to each other and the one screw that holds the other end in the transmission.
I broke this cable after my first drift event in March. it cost me 17$ from toyota for an r154. Pull out this cable and just check to see if it binds of feels crappy. The new one is smooth with just a little resistance. if that is OK
Then Time to drain the Tranny and Check the Speedo gear.
Good luck.
1JZGTE ,R154, Hallman Boost Controller, HKS bov, HKS Mushroom top Air Filter, HKS Front Mount Intercooler, Greedy Turbo Timer, PLX300 AFC, Custom Divorced Y-pipe, Custom Intercooler Pipeing, RS-R Concept Exhaust, Optima Red Top Battery, Strut bar Brembo Rotors, A1 Traction arms, Megan Coilovers, Stern ST 2 wheels rear 265x30 r19 - front 245x35 r19, New Front Lip, 18 x 8 and 18 x 9 MRR HR2 with whatever for Drift treads
2 additional C12A turbo's(Extra)
TripleC is offline   Reply With Quote