View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
TurboSupera
3" Exhaust

TurboSupera is on a distinguished road

Heater fix should be easy. There's something under the hood that can be replaced. Some guy showed me what to do and it worked. He said you can go to the junk yard and get that part off of a Camry. I had another MKiii, so I swapped them. It's a pretty quick fix as well. I'm sure someone will chime in on what it's called. If you were in Cali I'd help you fix it for free.

The water issue is probably due to the weather stripping from your taillights. Take them out and change out the weather stripping and you're good to go. Not too difficult, either. I found this out by sitting in the trunk while my wife ran a hose on top of the car and low and behold I saw where the water was coming in from. My spare tire area was pretty darn rusted as well.

I've not had a problem with either of these things since the fixes. It's been over two years.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87sup View Post
Alright, ill post a picture of it soon. thanks for moving this to the right section. Just got done cleaning it out and found about 4'' of water in the spare tire compartment and inside each quarter panel.

also, the heater doesn't work. it won't go to defrost, but will switch all the vent positions. it blows cold no matter what the temp setting is. the lights also dim below the point of still being able to see them when i turn the headlights on. i couldn't find a fuse for the heater on the fuse box under the hood, and the coolant is topped off.

does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
TurboSupera is offline   Reply With Quote